Local Government Elections 2017


Local Government Elections (Council) for the City of Canada Bay is set for Saturday, 9 September 2017 and voting is compulsory for all electors included on the residential roll.

Where you can vote for the City of Canada Bay Local Government Elections:-

To find out where polling places are, please click on the link below.



Residential Roll

If you reside in the Local Government Area of the City of Canada Bay and are enrolled on the Commonwealth and State electoral rolls as at Monday, 31 July 2017, you will be included on the roll for election. If unsure as to whether or not you are registered onto the roll, or you need to complete a residential enrolment form, you can log onto www.votensw.info or call 1300 135 736.  Australia Post also has enrolment forms. Completed forms must be received by Monday, 31 July 2017 at 6pm.

Non-residential roll for all councils

As required by the Local Government Act 1993, Council’s General Manager prepares and certifies the non-residential rolls.  The 2017 Local Government Election will be administered by the NSWEC, and following the preparation by the General Manager, the non-residential rolls will be confirmed by the Electoral Commissioner.

Claims for inclusion on the non-residential roll must be made on the prescribed application forms below prior to 6pm on Monday, 31 July 2017.

Non-resident elector responsibility

Non-residential rolls lapse after each Local Government election.  Enquiries regarding entitlement to be on the non-residential roll should be directed to Bob Pigott, Manager Governance and Risk on 9911 6530 or bob.pigott@canadabay.nsw.gov.au. Further details are available from the Local Government Act 1993 Section 299.

Claimants have responsibility for assessing their own eligibility to make a claim for inclusion in the non-residential rolls.

If unsure it is suggested that independent advice is sought prior to lodging a claim. Requirements for making a claim for inclusion in the non-residential rolls include that the claim be signed by the claimant in the present of an eligible witness.

Application forms:

(Individual) Non-residential Roll Individual Application

Non-residential Roll Nominee Application

Prospective Candidates

Prospective candidates should familiarise themselves with the process for becoming a candidate www.votensw.info/nsw_local_council_elections_2017/candidates_and_groups.

Enrol to vote or update your details

Information can be obtained be visiting the NSW Electoral Commission’s website http://www.votensw.info/nsw_local_council_elections_2017

Where you can vote in the Canada Bay area:-

To find out where polling places are, please click on the link below.




Page last updated on: 05/09/17

If you require a new chat session, please refresh your browser

Your details